The practice offers a number of different appointments.
- Please note the practice operates a same day appointment system. On the day standard appointments available to book from 8.30am the same day.
We monitor availability to ensure that sufficient same day appointments are available each day between Tuesday and Friday, with many more available on Monday.
- prebookable non-urgent appointments available at least 48 hours in advance.
These are normally available within 7 working days with any doctor or a named doctor. However please consider when asking for a named doctor 7 working days refers to the available working days of that doctor and not all doctors are available every day. Due to annual leave and consulting session allocation it could be a considerable time until a prebookable appointment is available when requesting a specific doctor as the majority of appointments are reserved for the same day.
- prebookable telephone consultations - Available within 48 hours, usually the same day.
- chronic disease management – The practice will issue invite letters for annual review appointments
- specialist clinics (implanon, teenage health) – Ask at reception for available times
- on the day minor illness appointments (triage nurse only) available from 8.30am the same day where the triage nurse is running a triage clinic
- prebookable non-urgent appointments usually available within 5 working days
- chronic disease management – The practice will issue invite letters for annual review
Emergency and triage
- the practice operates an emergency triage system. Patients requiring urgent advice or an emergency appointment will be assessed by the triage nurse in the first instance.
- patients are able to request a home visit from a doctor, patients should call as early as possible the day they are requesting the visit
- home visit requests are triaged by the duty doctor and / or triage nurse
- required home visits will be carried out the same day, usually between 11.00am to 2.00pm. More urgent visits may be done at any time during normal opening hours if deemed necessary by the duty doctor.
Please note patients requesting a telephone consultation will be given an approximate time of the call. Please ensure your phone is contactable.
Please note that we cannot give exact times for those patients requesting an urgent callback from the triage nurse or duty doctor, or for those requesting a home visit.